kitchen rewire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what testing is required for a kitchen rewire. Is a PIR necessary and do you have to install a new cu if the existing one isn't RCD ?

Sponsored Links
As a home owner you should be talking to a qualified electrician, as a contractor you should already know.

Sponsored Links
i know what testing needs to be carried out on the new install but am unsure as to whether the cu would have to be changed prior to the work being carried out if it didn't provide RCD protection. I am assuming that it would be and therefore i would have to carry out a PIR as well as issuing an EIC and schedule of tests etc for the completed install.

commercial sparks genius. It's hard to keep up with all the new domestic procedural changes when you're busy doing real work.

hey, it works for the rest of us...;)

you inspect the main bonds are up to scratch and fix accordingly, then test the bits you put in or work on..

if that involves changing the CU then it's a full test.

not really, all this part P stuff still confuses me sometimes since I've only ever done one domestic rewire and that was pre part p...

I'm not shouting here, just trying to make this as clear and obvious as possible:

WITH RESPECT TO "DOMESTIC PROCEDURAL CHANGES" PART P HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WIRING REGULATIONS.

what testing is required for a kitchen rewire.
As a contractor, presumably working to BS 7671 and taking money for it, why don't you know what the requirements of BS 7671 are?

Is a PIR necessary
As a contractor, presumably working to BS 7671 and taking money for it, why don't you know what the requirements of BS 7671 are?

and do you have to install a new cu if the existing one isn't RCD ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back