Kitchen waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small problem with the plumbing in the kitchen of my flat.

Currently the kitchen is a bare room, and I am soon going to start putting the kitchen in. However, I have a problem with the wast pipe running behind where the oven will go.

The pipe is a 42mm pipe, but there is only about 30mm gap behind the oven to the wall.

i know you can get 32mm pipe, which I could make fit by digging it into the plaster, which is quite thick, but was wondering if there was a better solution, or if reducing the size of the pipe would cause any problems.

It's only about 70cm bit of pipe I would need to be smaller.

What options do I have?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I would not either reduce the pipe diameter nor would I try to cut it into the rear wall. A little ventilation at the rear of the oven is preferrable to squashed pipework and wiring.

You don't say what type of oven it is. Integrated? Stand-alone? Is there a larger gap at the bottom of the oven casing? Can you alter the plan for the wastepipe run so that it drops before the oven and then runs in this gap? Can you drop the waste so that it runs in the under-cabinet space? (Assuming integrated oven.)

Rgds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back