Kitchen waste too big

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can get a compact sink waste? When you fit a kitchen sink above drawers its usual to lose the top drawer and fit a dummy front. Problem is that by the time I have fitted the waste I have lost 14" of drawers. Ideally I need to take the waste off horizontally where it exits the sink. Even with a bend fitted straight onto the waste it takes up 14" from the wortop. I can't be the first person with this problem. Timbo

Sponsored Links
Maybe a drawer unit is not the best use of your space under sink,can you not use a base unit there and use the drawer unit elsewhere

I have never seen anyone try to fit drawers under a sink!

Where do you put the bottles of cleaning stuff?

Tony

Thanks for the advice not to do it, but when you have bought an ex demo kitchen with beautiful bow-fronted granite worktop with a hole already cut and drawers under....
Nice to have such a quick response! This is my first ever bloggy thing BTW.

Sponsored Links
The size of waste & type of trap you can fit to a kitchen sink is governed by Building regulations; minimum diameter is 40mm with a 75mm depth of seal on the trap. The maximum length of an unvented branch is 3m@ 40mm; if you exceed this, you risk siphoning the trap, even more so if you have a dishwasher or w/mc connected into the same waste run.

You should be able to get some replacement drawer boxes with the middle bit cut out.

They are U shaped so that the trap doesn't foul them.

Have a look at Page 219 of this

Steve

You can try with belfast sink waste or bath trap. But if you use bath trap can't connect washing machine or dishwasher

Question to everybody really, could you put an elbow under the sink and pipe the waste to the back of the cabinet, then another elbow to get vertical and put the trap there?

Brian

Does anyone know where I can get a compact sink waste? When you fit a kitchen sink above drawers its usual to lose the top drawer and fit a dummy front. Problem is that by the time I have fitted the waste I have lost 14" of drawers. Ideally I need to take the waste off horizontally where it exits the sink. Even with a bend fitted straight onto the waste it takes up 14" from the wortop. I can't be the first person with this problem. Timbo
Look at McAlpine waste fittings. Within reason you might be ableto achieve what you intend. I know I can do what you want but drawers would need adjusted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back