Kite Flying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been to the park today with my lad with our new toy ...........a kite. There was a bit of wind but try as I might it would not fly! :evil:

Anyone with experience got any tips before it goes in the bin! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If it's one of those kite mark shaped ones forget it - they don't work.

Been to the park today with my lad with our new toy ...........a kite. There was a bit of wind but try as I might it would not fly! :evil:

what sort is it bahco, and how big?

I'll take a pic tomorrow . It looks batman shaped and about 18 ins wingspan.

Been a long time since I did this. :)

Sponsored Links

Been there tried that when mine were small. Ran my ******S off with the wrong kind of kite showing them how red in the face I could get.

Yeah bin it ;)

I used to love making and flying kites when I were a nipper. Hours of fun we had making them out of garden canes, brown paper and string.
I once built a box kite out of some 1/4" square wood and some light nylon type material. My dad brought home a very large reel of thin nylon string with something like 30lbs breaking strain. There must have been at least a mile of string on it and we had the kite out to the end of it once. Took hours to reel it back in though. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

was it a stunt kite? - how many strings attached - no matter what it's cost if you got string, structure and covering you can make it fly

Tony

I used to love making and flying kites when I were a nipper. Hours of fun we had making them out of garden canes, brown paper and string.
I once built a box kite out of some 1/4" square wood and some light nylon type material. My dad brought home a very large reel of thin nylon string with something like 30lbs breaking strain. There must have been at least a mile of string on it and we had the kite out to the end of it once. Took hours to reel it back in though. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

i remember flying the old home made kites on long hot sunny days in the school holiday when i was a kid. I used to tie it to a fence, go home and get my dinner then come back.

Used to that aswell - and some fishing providing gamekeeper had been paid - happy days:cool:

quote]was it a stunt kite? - how many strings attached - no matter what it's cost if you got string, structure and covering you can make it fly[/quote]

View media item 25643
This looks very aerodynamic and should fly around the world twice! :D

Its about 3 feet wingspan if that helps.

This looks very aerodynamic and should fly around the world twice! :D

Its about 3 feet wingspan if that helps.

Bacho - Morning

Ok - if assembled correctly - to launch wind off around 40 metres of line from each real (having attached them) - one of you hold them so they are taught both sides - flyer with back to wind and let go - should fly !!! then left or right pull to correct assent. have fun - will attach video in a while

Tony

This is general idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogYVGX9t3kY

Easy is'nt it. If it is initially not controllable you may need to add a tail made out off some 1 1/2" strips of polythene about 6 - 9 foot long (bin liner or similar)

Tony

ps well done for giving up coffin nails - seen the weeks rising

The bloke in the youtube clip is a complete menace. :eek:

He should be banned from the beach, ar*e kicked and his kite burned.
Complete disregard for anyone else around him.

Watch it again......... tell me i'm wrong.

You could well be right LastMagicBean.Do they not make the traditional (if there is such a thing) diamond shaped kites any more with just one string to concentrate on.

Sponsored Links
Back