LATHE AND PLASTER CEILING: SIMPLE ONE

Sponsored Links
A couple of years ago I met an asbestos surveyor at a shop up for sale (I was doing the EPC). He spent less time than I did and his survey was based purely on observations - in other words identifying materials that 'might' contain asbestos. 'Might' here is the operative word. No testing, just another case of stating the obvious.

My point? Simply that, with a modicum of building knowledge, we could all walk a building and say 'that might contain asbestos' - what value would that have? More scaremongering than real value, as, like the OP, it creates the impression that it's everywhere.

On the subject of breathing dust - not really advisable. My father-in-law (a builder for most of his life) died from emphysema from a combination of fags and dusty working environments. A salutary tale.

Sponsored Links
The office next door doesn't have textured ceiling at all, just some of that amaglyptine wallpaper stuff. That's different from Artex, the blokes doing the work say.

You've had some good advice here. If it's that much of a problem to you, pay Kent Surveys a few £££ to check for you.

Wow...ok, I only asked. Thought the pics of the walls would help. I'm working right next door and walk through their all the time!!

I'll be honest, a little upset. Just wanted you guys to have a look because worried corners were being cut here.

Hey guys, he was only asking. This forum was brilliant and friendly when I asked a similar question. Sorry I can't tell from the pics though.

Jeez - what a girl. Stop asking over and over. You were told. Ignore it and stop asking, or accept it and stop asking.

You are like too many people who come here - what you are really after is confirmation of your own pre-conceived opinion. When you don't get it you bang on and on, presumably hoping the experts will give in and agree.

Yeah, fair enough. I was just saying he had a query answered about ceilings and then was just asking about walls. Kind of like a new query. I only commented because usually such a good humoured forum to read.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back