Lawn Help - I've been ripped off!

You've done a good job fixing that nightmare. Looks neat and tidy. The rain and sun will help. Get some good grass fertiliser on it too. Make sure it has potash in it. Most turf gets a good dose of the stuff while it's being grown, but as you can't vouch for the trade that supplied it, I doubt you should vouch for the product either!! :)

Sponsored Links
Firstly I'd ask for your money back and tell him if you don't get a refund you will report him to trading standards.
Secondly I would report him to trading standards anyway as he obviously is no good at wheat he does. He may already be known to him. Tell them you have pictures of his shoddy work. They may want these. Also tell themwhere you found his number.
Thirdly I'd show those pics to the website which you found his number on. They may ban him from the site.

Ask for your money back. If he does'nt pay up, phone him in a few weeks pretending to be a potential customer and send him on a wild goose chase. 20-30 mile trip should do it. Only cost to you ,99p sim from tesco
Good luck

Thanks for your advice and support guys.

I'm very happy to say you were all right. The lawn has come back very nicely with this great grass growing weather we've been having.

Their work; My work; Natures work.

Thanks again guys.

(I suppose I really aught to get rid of those daffodils they thoughtfully replanted for me!)

Sponsored Links
Thanks pjames, can't believe how much it's improved. It feels very springy underfoot though when i've been mowing it. I obviously didn't compact the soil enough. I was absolutely knackered by then though.

To be honest it will feel springy whatever you do, from experience. It'll harden up over time. That's one of the reasons you need to avoid going on it for as long as possible :)

Now that the roots are well established give the grass a good feed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back