Lumps and bumps in professionally laid lawn

Sponsored Links
It was cash but i have texts and emails tracking back. Hes coming on the 8th June, not sure what hes going to do though!

It will be interesting to see if he turns up.

Oh he definately will. I have spoken to his wife who does all the admin work for the "company". I am like a dog with a bone... if he doesnt show i will phone them every hour. On the hour.

The thing that worries me is that he admitted to the lumps and bumps just after he laid the turf and that it was acceptable to him.

Sponsored Links
Certain "lumps" can sink after a while, but if 2/3 of the lawn is like that it dosen't sound too healthy.

Do you think he will roller it out? i hope he doesnt make it worse. But then again, I dont ant him to get away with doing such a bad job!

He said it was common and that it wasnt much to worry about.

Its the bit about you picking large rock's from under one turf that suggest's to me he did'nt prep it that well.

Do you think he will roller it out? i hope he doesnt make it worse. But then again, I dont ant him to get away with doing such a bad job!
It shouldn't need a roller on it.

I actually seen his rotovator getting a big stone caught in it. So he definitely did rotovate. Maybe he just got lazy and didnt do it well, like u said.

It wasn't so much the rotovating it should have been the raking which would have found these stones especially if they were just under or even on the surface.With what you say and what you describe he didn't prep it that well.

Your title is a professionally laid lawn, it's not.
It can be rolled but it's a bit late for that, it should of been tamped at the laying stage, or at least "walked on".
Dead patches, i can grow turf on top of a concrete base, if fed with the right materials i don't see why you have dead patches if fed correctly.
Take pictures show us.

He sounds like a cowboy, ffs, why don't i find jobs this easy?.

Here are some pics:

The garden from my bedroom window (some fencing still to be done!):

photo5555.jpg

The dead (or dying) patch:

photo3333.jpg

The gap in between the turf:

photo2222.jpg

These flowers have sprouted up, what are they??:

photo3334.jpg
[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back