Leak sealers????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used a leak sealer in their sealed heating system and more importantly was it successful if so which product? I believe I have a weeping joint in boxed and plastered in pipes and hope I do not have to pull the lot out to find it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Always best to find the leak and fix it. But if you have to go down the leak sealer route. Fernox f4 has worked for me in the past. Prob about 70% success rate.

Leak sealer is never going to fix a big leak, but it will probably fix a weeping joint like yours.

Probably the biggest reason leak sealer fails on small leaks is people under dose. One bottle of f4 treats 100l or roughly ten single panel rads. If your system is bigger than that, you will need to add more than one bottle

Forget using leaks sealer, remove the timber work and text/email pictures to various plumbers to give you a fixed price repair. I do this all the time with my customers.

Job Done!

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back