Leaking combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a Worcester Bosch Combi boiler that needed the bottom assembly replaced (arrived and fitted as a single unit).

Since that has been done there are 3 new drops coming from the connections at the back where the parts connect through the frame. Basically the engineer has introduced a problem that was not there before and when they did the service 12 months ago, the engineer was happy with everything and did not comment on building corrosion.

I have had a look at the connections and it looks to me like you could dry out the boiler and paint those areas in hammerite, to form a seal over the bolt and frame.

Surely that has to be worth a try before the entire boiler is replaced. It is madness, all the parts are in top condition, including the bottom assembly, which is brand new, and because of a small amount of corrosion I am being told a new boiler is required.

Some experts out there must have patched up something like this before. Opinions please?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You hyave not told us the boiler model so we are unable to form any views!

Tony

Sorry, it is a Worcester Bosch 28CDI. The thing that annoyed me the most is the claim the corroded part is no longer made. I have checked myself and the assembly mountings are all still available in exactly the same way as the other parts. The rest of the frame is solid. He must think I was born yesterday. I have got all the part details and have gone back to them insisting they fix it under the service contract as they are supposed to!!!

...I accept there is some corrosion on the assembly mounts and he must have broken the seal when replacing the bottom assembly. Either way new parts are available the cheeky @@@@. Is that typical - engineers claiming you need a new boiler because they want an easy life? It was very easy to find the parts brand new online. Even if the parts were not available you could surely have dried it out and used something to form a better seal?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, it is a Worcester Bosch 28CDI. The thing that annoyed me the most is the claim the corroded part is no longer made. I have checked myself and the assembly mountings are all still available in exactly the same way as the other parts. The rest of the frame is solid. He must think I was born yesterday. I have got all the part details and have gone back to them insisting they fix it under the service contract as they are supposed to!!!

I suggest you give the service contract a push.
They won't be interested and you will go through no end of hassle
getting them to come and fix anything.
I suggest a quality local repair guy instead of some faceless big organisation grabbing your money with promises they don't keep.

Yes but we have a contract and I am not dropping it without a fight. They caused this problem and are obliged to fix it. I will use another repair man if necessary, or some hammerite :), but if the parts are available then those cheeky gits can use them !!!

Yes but we have a contract and I am not dropping it without a fight. They caused this problem and are obliged to fix it. I will use another repair man if necessary, or some hammerite :), but if the parts are available then those cheeky gits can use them !!!

I am not convinced that he is the customer that the nice local guy would necessarily welcome!

Nor would I expect any paint to hold water at 1.5 Bar in. But if he wants to try then thats his choice.

Ah that is not fair. I am nice as anything unless being taken for a ride! Yes the parts will need swapping, paint won't do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back