Leaking jacuzzi bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I've got a jacuzzi bath and it's leaking from one of the jets (back middle one, 3 on each side). Only seems to do it when the jets are switched on. Hard to tell exactly where on the jet it's coming from as it's on the other side where you can't see. Guessing it might just be a loose/split hose though? Feels like all hoses are pushed on with clips in tact but hard to tell really. Not sure on the make/model, there's no info anywhere on the bath.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience fixing these? Or even just blanking that particular jet?

I've taken a couple of photos of one of the other jets which I hope are of some help :)

62a762cb.jpg

eca9a754.jpg

Any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks, Chris

Sponsored Links
presuming if you cant see it you cant get to it? - if so theres not really a lot you can do unless you take it out and use jubilee clips on the joints - hate these baths - always had problems with them

From the picture it appears that the clips are not on far enough, they are clamping just the pipe and should be over the pipe with the plastic connector under it, the seal at the moment seems to be just the plastic nature of the pipe gripping the connector, the plastic would tend to get softer and lose its grip/seal when warmed, say when hot bath water was pumped through it . The clips need at least repositioning or replacing with a better product. A bodge which may work would be ty wraps which as long as you can get a decent grip to tighten should seal.

Sponsored Links
Burnerman Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:54 am Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clip top right seems to be misplaced - its actually on the outboard side of the flare.
John

hi1 Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:52 am Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the picture it appears that the clips are not on far enough, they are clamping just the pipe and should be over the pipe with the plastic connector under it, the seal at the moment seems to be just the plastic nature of the pipe gripping the connector, the plastic would tend to get softer and lose its grip/seal when warmed, say when hot bath water was pumped through it . The clips need at least repositioning or replacing with a better product. A bodge which may work would be ty wraps which as long as you can get a decent grip to tighten should seal.

yeah you're right mate that top right clip is just on the pipe! must be what's happened round the back

yeah the clips need repositioning or replacing but that's gonna be difficult as i can only get one hand to it! so same problem with tie wraps

dennyboy Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 pm Post Subject:

presuming if you cant see it you cant get to it? - if so theres not really a lot you can do unless you take it out and use jubilee clips on the joints - hate these baths - always had problems with them

yeah jubilee clips would be ideal but no chance getting them on!

been back today...

was hoping i'd be able to push the hoses/clips on further, maybe with the use of long nose pliers on the clips or something but because it's right up the back i can only touch the back of the jet with one hand at a time. i pushed them on as best i could with fingertips then switched the jets on - the leak wasn't as bad but still there. so it's obviously just a hose come a bit loose and slipped off under pressure

was hoping that if the jet outlets had some sort of non return valve in them i could just get rid of the jacuzzi 'on/off' button and forget about the jets altogether. just use the bath as a bath only. so i took the hoses off a jet on the near side and blew into the chrome side with my hand on the back. could feel air though so obviously needed to do something with the leaking jet

so i pulled the hoses off the jet round the back and removed the jet competely. the white bit you see in the picture is threaded and acts as the backnut which the chrome front screws into. unscrewing it was quite stiff and couldn't get any grip on the chrome front so i was mostly just putting pressure on the chrome front while i turned the plastic back anti clockwise till it was loose enough to twist both against each other. the hole it's left in the bath is 1.5 inch

if i bought a new jet i wouldn't be able to fit/seal the jet then put the hoses on as it's round the other side of the bath. but at the same time i also couldn't put the hoses on first cos then i wouldn't be able to tighten the jet on properly as i'd ony be able to do so with the chrome front which has no grip!

i removed the jacuzzi 'on/off' button and the hole was 1.25 inch so i've been the merchants and got a 1.25 inch chrome tap hole blank (threaded with backnut). now what i could really do with is something similar - a 1.5 inch threaded blank with a backnut - which i can fit and seal in the jet hole then it's job done! just sacrifice the jets and have a leak free bath!

just where to find one now!

found these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MCALPINE-T23M...DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item19c0044a55

not sure if they'll be right for the job though?

or if anyone knows of anything better? or any other suggestions?

cheers, chris

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Or for the bodgers route, try this: first let everything dry, then fill up the body of the chrome jet with clear silicone. Wiggle it around plenty so it goes around the balljoint. Should seal it up nicely. Also might be less odd looking than any kind of screwed in cap.

haha i thought the same mate but thought a blank would be less likely to leak (if i can get one!) and it's only a rented property so aesthetics aren't quite as important!

it is an option though if i can't source a suitable 40mm blank!

cheers, chris

Or for the bodgers route, try this: first let everything dry, then fill up the body of the chrome jet with clear silicone. Wiggle it around plenty so it goes around the balljoint. Should seal it up nicely. Also might be less odd looking than any kind of screwed in cap.
exellent idea ;) but use a tube of LS-X it`ll seal better than silicone :idea:

good stuff mate cheers, might as well give it a go first then can always fit a blank afterwards if needs be!

or what i could possibly do is remove the jet, hole saw a 2 inch disc of white plastic from somewhere and sticks like sh*t that over the 1.5 inch hole lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back