Leaking corner Jacuzzi bath. Worth fixing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into a new house in June and decided to clean the corner jacuzzi bath in the en-suite, as it hadn't been used for a while.

After filling it with water & disinfectant, we soon had water running from the light fitting downstairs.

Obviously there was a leak from somewhere but removing the bath panel didn't show me where the water was coming from. Everything looked dry. The spa pipes were full of black gunk, so it obviously hadn't been used in a good while - presumably because it leaked - our sellers hadn't done any DIY in years by the look of it.

The water must be coming from underneath the bath or from inaccessible pipes in the corner.

I'm guessing the whole thing will need to be removed and checked over. Is that something a plumber would do or is it a write-off?.

Sponsored Links
If, as you say, 'Everything looked dry' then my assumption would be there is no leak from the bath itself. Is the flooring under the bath complete or are there any gaps/holes where water could have leaked through without any evidence?

Did the water in the light fitting only appear AFTER you had let the water go from the bath, indicating that there might be a leaky waste rather than the bath itself?

If possible, try partially filling the bath so that the water doesn't cover any of the outlets and see if there are any leaks evident. Then let the water go and check again.

However if you are convinced that the bath does leak then up to you to decide if you really want a Jacuzzi. Much overrated in my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back