leaking valve/gauge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i wonder if someone could point me in the right direction, i am no stranger to plumbing and have undertaken many tasks in the past, i have to do a relative easy job tomorrow around my daughters house, which is 5 yrs old, simply replace the washing machine, however her partner has told me that there appears to have developed a leak under the sink, near to where the water comes in from the water board, (the blue supply pipe ) he then goes on to describe the leak as associated in and around a gauge which gives the water pressure in bars, can't say i have seen one of these before, and infact have not seen my daughters on yet until tomorrow,
a. is it a straight forward job to do, and what is the purpose of the valve, other than to merley give you the working pressure within the property
b, is it a relatively inexpensive item, the house is 5 yrs old as mentioned earlier, but i belive after 2 yrs nhbc cover no longer applies regards Dave

Sponsored Links
Very unusual to have a pressure gauge on the incoming main, unless it's attached to a Pressure Reducing Valve. It's attached by means of ¼" thread and can be sealed on the threads or with a washer or O ring at either end of the threads. If the gauge itself is leaking to can get replacements or you could plug off the tapping with a ¼" plug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back