leaking / weeping tap connecor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya all, fitted a few of these with my dad the other day but x1 wont stop weeping - well it wouldnt until i nipped it up a tad! all ok i thought - nothing for 4 days - then i ran the tap and it weeped again any suggestions please

will it self seal?!

Sponsored Links
It depends on what type of connector it is - solder types like a new fibre washer every time, others have a rubber one.
John :)

Usually they seal every time.....there is a chance it will seal itself but I'd back it off again, fit a new washer (of the correct size) and smear some jointing compound around it too. If it continues to fail, just check there aren't any brass burrs on the tap end.

Sponsored Links
seems to all be solved now - very odd - was weeping / nipped it up - which seemed to solve it - then ran the water and it seems to weep again - seems to have stopped now - guessing the new fiber washer has expanded?? anybody else give an explanation please?

Fibre washers are compressible to a degree - perhaps you didn't tighten things as much as necessary first time.
No matter - job done!

thanks john, thats what i thought - then strange first time i use the tap it weeped - hasnt dont since.. (that what i thought was odd)

:eek: all seems ok now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back