Lean to project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I'm looking to create a covered area between my house wall and my boundary. About 7m long and just over a metre wide. It'll be invaluable ging forward, we really need the space.

I'm struggling a little with the design and would appreciate and ideas/advice. I'm thinking 4" x 2" framework, 4" posts and a polycarbonate roof. I'd like to clad the exterior of the posts with something which is weatherproof, any suggestions on that? It'll be right up against my neighbours 6' fence, so access is limited. I'm thinking I need to somehow have a gutter above the posts with the framing attached to the inside edge of the posts if that makes sense. Again, suggestions on the way forward much appreciated. Digging the posts in - also a problem as there's a concrete path I don't really want to destroy and my neighbours fence....I was thinking metposts, bolted down into the concrete.

Many many thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back