Lean-to refurb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening,

We have a single skin lean to that we have recently added a doorway to from the main house. We use it as a utility room, and are looking to "do it up" (at the moment it is just painted brick).

My plan with regards insulation (as advised from a previous thread) is to batten the walls before boarding the walls with some kingspan. That bit I am fine with. The question(s) I have are as follows;

1. The room already has pipes (water and waste) running around ground level (the boiler is in there as well). These obviously run against the wall. Should I batten the walls where I can, and then board over the pipes?

2. The room already houses a tumble dryer, and therefore a vent in the wall. We will be moving the tumble dryer, and therefore the vent as well. Does anybody know what I should fill the wall with (where the vent was)? I don’t really want it looking like a dog’s dinner!

3. What is the best way to cut the new hole for the tumble dryer vent? Just chain drill the wall, and then knock out the centre?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back