leaving heating on 24/7 or timed...which is most economical

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody have any idea on the savings when using a timer as opposed to leaving the system on 24/7.

I remember someone telling me that its cheaper to run a house with the heating on 24/7. I guess there is some sense in this theory...ie your hot water is already hot as is your home so they dont need heating from cold and so the boiler isnt running for this extended period til everything is satisfied

Im going to take a meter reading and test thois thoery but would appreciate your comments

cheers

David

Sponsored Links
Running 24/7 cannot be cheaper with a domestic situation. What you get is heat/water on demand, against pre-emptin what time you are getting up going to bed etc.

Diyisfun said:
Running 24/7 cannot be cheaper with a domestic situation. What you get is heat/water on demand, against pre-emptin what time you are getting up going to bed etc.

just set the timer to come on at five and off at seven...then on at 5pm off at eleven

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back