Licensing of dog ownership - Lets start at £500 per year

The worst offenders are the 'professional' dog walkers that I see in the country parks that I take my dog to every day. There are a lot more now that lockdown has ended because of the lazy bastards that bought dogs in lockdown and now find they don’t have the time to walk them now they are back at work. They often turn up with 6 or more dogs and don’t pick up a single turd. I’ve had a go at them and reported them to the park rangers but I've never seen anyone apprehended by them. Kids walk in those places too. The first couple of hundred yards from the car park are the worse as that’s when generally, dogs do their business so there are bins to put it in but I have to keep my dog on a lead in that area (shît alley, we call it) as she is a scavenger and often has a munch on other dogs poo's. Yuk!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I ALWAYS bag and bin my dog's turds. It annoys me when others bag but don’t bin their dogs turds and chose to leave them on the path or hang it on a tree. :mad:
I never understood their thinking.
They take poo and put in a plastic bag that they leave in the woods.
Do they think they're cleaning the environment???
And daft dog owners let their dogs lick their faces, even "kiss" them..... :sick: :sick:
The most disgusting thing.
I know people who don't shake hands since the virus, but they french kiss their dogs, tongue and all. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sponsored Links
They often turn up with 6 or more dogs and don’t pick up a single turd.

Well, how can they, with so many dogs to control? We have them around here too, I've known them manage to pull out of their collars, and run loose. I have seen them walking 6, checked the rules and the rules suggest maximum of 4 dogs, but who is to enforce it? Yesterday, there were two walkers with 6 each, 12 in total - going past the end of my drive. What an incredible racket. Just to add to it, my own dog was laid out, taking the air at my gate and began barking at them.

Ellal is frightened of dogs.
Not in general...

Although anyone who claims they wouldn't feel fear in the face of a snarling 'killer dog' is a liar!

But all dogs can frighten the hell out of others, especially children, and any dog can attack...

Probably why you posted this https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/dogs-why-would-you-do-this.588949/#post-5192216

"I'd never leave a small child/baby alone with ANY dog"

But do tell us this...

Have you ever been attacked by a dog, and if so what did you do?

Not in general...

Although anyone who claims they wouldn't feel fear in the face of a snarling 'killer dog' is a liar!

But all dogs can frighten the hell out of others, especially children, and any dog can attack...

Probably why you posted this https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/dogs-why-would-you-do-this.588949/#post-5192216

"I'd never leave a small child/baby alone with ANY dog"

But do tell us this...

Have you ever been attacked by a dog, and if so what did you do?
Haven't heard from you for a while - I was wondering where you'd got to. Double shifts at the care home? Anyway, co-incidence or what - I was actually thinking of you as I was walking through Westfield this very morning. I saw a stall that had not opened up and I wondered whether you had started a small 'business'. Was it you?

IMG_0674.jpeg

Last edited:
Didn't there used to be licenses for dogs anyway? I have an article from a 1920s newspaper where my G. G. Grandfather had been in court for keeping a dog without a license.

I don't dislike any animal, but I am not interested in keeping a dog/dogs at all. I find them a smelly and irritating nuisance (sorry!) I'm not sure I feel a master register of dog ownership is achievable or realistic, though.

I think another tactic needs to be introduced at clamping down on owners who think it's okay to let them defecate on the pavement or hang the little doggy bags up on their walks. Not more cameras though...

I think it's about time dog ownership was licensed as it seems having a dog these days is a license to s hit anywhere, sick and tired of having to go on walks with kids and dodge the dog turds.

Start off at £500 - will be a nice income earner for the Government. What's not to like?
If £500 for a dog, needs to be £5000 for a cat - they trespass, crap in your garden and kill the native wildlife.

There's already fines for not picking up dog poo, but no need to licence!

Didn't there used to be licenses for dogs anyway? I have an article from a 1920s newspaper where my G. G. Grandfather had been in court for keeping a dog without a license.

There was, and I think it was 7/6d. People stopped paying, so many, that the whole idea of licencing was dropped.

Sponsored Links
Back