Life expectancy vs the 'virus'

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ideally bonds are issued which are then purchased by investors or other govts, China has bought huge amounts of foreign debt in the form of bonds.

I suspect there is little appetite for the bonds at the moment so it's more like quantative easing.
We print money digitally and use it to buy our own bonds, so we owe the debt to ourselves.

If we default?, we give ourselves a jolly good talking to.(n)

Magic Money tree.

Magic Money tree.

Indeed, and the more unsustainable the debt becomes, the stronger the magic becomes.

Rishi Sunak:

daniel+radcliffe+harry+potter.jpg

Good ol China. Communism or religion, which is worse for the world?

Good ol China. Communism or religion, which is worse for the world?
Religion...Watched the Micheal Portillo rail journeys last night...Moscow underground looks fantastic..St Petersberg v pleasant...Maybe Communism is not the load of crap we are led to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese "Communism" has lifted 100's of millions of their people out of poverty.
Their economic model of state Capitalism has paid off.

I'd love to see the Moscow underground....
maybe John D could give me a guided tour....

Chinese "communism" also has "lifted" 1million into "reeducation" camps. Oh & ****ed up the entire world.

Average life expectancy in the UK 82.3 and falling*
Average age of a 'virus' related death 82.4
I have been thinking about this and I think I've got the flaw in the argument.

Imagine everyone over the age of 83 died all at once thanks to Covid-19, then drag in a handful of 30 somethings to bring the average down to 82.4. Voila, the same average age of death due to Covid-19 as the previous life expectancy. What would happen is that the average life expectancy would drop. (edit: slightly expanded)

It's the wrong way to use statistics.

Last edited:
Imagine everyone over the age of 83 died all at once thanks to Covid-19, then drag in a handful of 30 somethings to bring the average down to 82.4.

No, if every one over the age of 83 died all at once, then the average age of death would probably be in the mid seventies.
Remember people can live to 100, yet the average age of dying is 83.

It's the wrong way to use statistics.

Quite.

Sponsored Links
Back