Life should be the sentence as they've ruined lives.

Are we discussing life imprisonment for all sex offenders?
Or just Muslims?
Sammy seems to want to restrict the discussion to Muslims.
If the former is true, then any discussion about any sex offender is relevant.
If the latter, of course, Islamophobia is a suitable expression.

Strawman.

Sponsored Links
Strawman.
It seems pretty clear to me that the thread is (or some of those participating want) the thread to be only about Muslim sex offenders.
Surely justice cannot be racially discriminatory.
It should apply to all sex offenders, not just Muslims.

is this about the Australian archbishop, or the Toronto priests?
Have a day off, John.

John. If you want to start a thread on Catholic child abuse. I will add my contribution without mentioning Asian child abusers as it would look as if I approved of these sick Catholic individuals

Suggestion: stop derailing threads and talk about the subject matter.

That's what he does
You talk about goats he talks about cheese

It seems pretty clear to me that the thread is (or some of those participating want) the thread to be only about Muslim sex offenders.
Surely justice cannot be racially discriminatory.
It should apply to all sex offenders, not just Muslims.

You're the one lumping all Muslims in. We're quite clearly talking about those charged with crimes who happen to be Muslim.

You're the one lumping all Muslims in. We're quite clearly talking about those charged with crimes who happen to be Muslim.
Then the title of the thread should read:
"Life should be the sentence, if they are Muslim, as they've ruined lives.
But it is not therefore it is absolutely acceptable to discuss all sex offenders irrespective of religion.
However if/when anyone mentions other sex offenders, i.e not Muslim, you suggested that they butt out.

Sponsored Links
But it is not therefore it is absolutely acceptable to discuss all sex offenders irrespective of religion.
However if/when anyone mentions other sex offenders, i.e not Muslim, you suggested that they butt out.

You're doing that thing again where you're misrepresenting the argument to make it easier to attack.

Sentences should always (IMO) follow the criminal intent. The more 'evil' their plans, the harsher the consequences, the more accidental the harm the more lenient the sentence should be. A sentence should never be based on the damage done (eye for an eye etc).

People who drive around as drunk/drugged idiots, like loons and by luck don't kill people should be treated harsher than those who have an accidental loss of concentration and end up wiping someone out.

whataboutery once more from Wannabe.

in your opinion, it is not possible to discuss as subject without mentioning every single other potential offender at the same time.

So if a thread discussing Muslim offenders is discussed, according to you the thread must be racially motivated because, for example Catholic priests arent mentioned at the same time.

misrepresenting the argument once more

whataboutery once more from Wannabe.

in your opinion, it is not possible to discuss as subject without mentioning every single other potential offender at the same time.

So if a thread discussing Muslim offenders is discussed, according to you the thread must be racially motivated because, for example Catholic priests arent mentioned at the same time.

misrepresenting the argument once more
The thread title makes it very clear that the discussion is about all sex offenders and the appropriate sentence.
But when Catholic offenders are mentioned, sammy wants to shut them up and concentrate on Muslims alone.
It was not about my opinion, it was about sammy wanting to shut out discussion about non-Muslim sex offenders. But this is not a thread about just Muslim offenders. It is a thread about the suitable penalty for sex offences, by any religion/nationality.

MOD You quite clearly are spoiling for an argument / trolling and have been locked out of further participation in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
But this is not a thread about just Muslim offenders. It is a thread about the suitable penalty for sex offences, by any religion/nationality.
It quite clearly is a thread about Muslim offenders, the ones in the OP's original post showing the recent news story.

T
We are more aware of Child abuse than ever before. Now children know they will be believed and know they have a support network.
I do hope this is true. Problem is attributing an adult attitude to a frightened child.

The thread title makes it very clear that the discussion is about all sex offenders and the appropriate sentence.
But when Catholic offenders are mentioned, sammy wants to shut them up and concentrate on Muslims alone.
It was not about my opinion, it was about sammy wanting to shut out discussion about non-Muslim sex offenders. But this is not a thread about just Muslim offenders. It is a thread about the suitable penalty for sex offences, by any religion/nationality.

MOD You quite clearly are spoiling for an argument / trolling and have been locked out of further participation in this thread.

See ya

Sponsored Links
Back