lifes not fair

Remember Billy Graham's big tour of Uk back in ??1984 and his speeches got lots of tv time. Was doing a job then where dealt with lots of psychotic patients and the similarities between what the loonies were saying and the Rev Graham was saying were many.

As the prof said, not a lot of difference between religious fervour and psychotic illness. But the prof was barking too, seeing all those nutters had rubbed off on him

Sponsored Links
Religion is organised superstition for people who can't make sense of the world around them.

Sponsored Links
They were brainwashed. Religion is a type of mental illness.

But football is the largest religion in this country.
Are you saying the fans who throng to the temples of worship every weekend to watch the ball kickers are mentally ill? :mrgreen:

The masses striving towards there temples praying for victory? The consant assertion that "your team" is the best despite evidence to the contrary?

Sounds like religion to me, definately sounds like faith. And we all know faith is ridiculous.

As is a grown man kicking an inflated pigs bladder about.

Buddhism isn't too bad. Spent a week in a buddhist monastery outside Kathmandu in my bummin-around-the-world yoof back in the days when Freak street really was full of freaks and not gap year henrys.

No roads/electricity/mobile/satellite phones back in those days, if you fell ill on a trek in the mountains you were carried out on somebody's back or you were burned where you died and ashes swept into the nearest river.

Buddhism gives one a very positive outlook on life and towards your fellow man, as you can tell from my calm, reasonable and friendly persona on here. They also despise 'one god' religions too, which to them only make you hate others, and which makes Buddism OK in my book.

Back