Lighting ideas for loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all.

We're in the process of having our loft converted. The builders want to know what lighting we want and are suggesting spotlights.

TBH i've never really been a fan of them and am trying to find any other solutions. The ceiling isn' that low but I think this is an occasion where a standard pendant won't cut it.

There's also the en suite to consider...

I quite like fittings that don't protrude too much or even are flush but just NOT downlights!!

Has anyone got any ideas that don't break the bank?

TIA

Sponsored Links
If you can install uplighting. This gives an even dispersed light and makes a space appear bigger, adding dimmer switches will also make it much more flexible. If you do use down lights use LED.

Regards,

DS

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Which is a good brand of LED downlight to go for? Something like Osram i'm assuming?

Thanks for the reply. Which is a good brand of LED downlight to go for? Something like Osram i'm assuming?

Or Aurora if your on a budget. I use standard cheap GU10 fittings with Enlite GU10 Lamps fitted

DS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back