Linea 28 Lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm helping a friend with his Vokera. Its recently started locking out a couple of times a day with the 01 code but starts up immediately when reset. Anyone know the solution?

Sponsored Links
pbill1944 said:
I'm helping a friend with his Vokera. Its recently started locking out a couple of times a day with the 01 code but starts up immediately when reset. Anyone know the solution?
01: Failure to ignite (see 6.5.5). To re-set
turn mode selector switch to re-set position
for approximately 10 seconds, then
back to original position.

Does it need a service?
Gas valve sticky?
Not sparking/ Flame sensing failure? check electrode gap, dodgy spark generator, pcb fault

And all those likely problems should be dealt with by a CORGI registered engineer!

I hope you are not going to put your friend at risk!

Statistically the gas valve probably is sticking. This not only needs replacement but setting up properly for min and max gas pressures.

Tony

Agile said:
And all those likely problems should be dealt with by a CORGI registered engineer!

I hope you are not going to put your friend at risk!

Statistically the gas valve probably is sticking. This not only needs replacement but setting up properly for min and max gas pressures.

Tony

Thanks Tony. I was a gas fitter and heating engineer for many years, and corgi registered in 1974 before switching professions, but have always "kept my hand in". So I won't be doing anything risky Of course things have moved on from thermo couples, and I see there are many more switches and control devices to go wrong. The burner lights immediately it is reset and can function fine all day and then the next day lockout a couple of times. It probably does need a service. What does this entail. Is it possible to get hold of a service instruction manual?

Sponsored Links
Vokera may help you with MI.

Your first problem will be to determine if its a flame detection or gas valve failure. Thats seems to be quite difficult for many boiler engineers apparently.

Intermittent faults dont occur when I am in front of boilers!

Tony

Slugbabydotcom said:
I can email you the manual. Address in profile.

Thanks for the offer of the manual. How do I find your profile to obtain your email address and send you mine?

"corgi registered in 1974 "

I thought that CORGI were only set up during the 80s ? However on checking their web site I discovered it was set up during 1970.

For a long time it was voluntary and had a low profile until 1991 when it was made compulsory.

I first joined it when it was voluntary about 1987.

Tony

However on checking their web site I discovered it was set up during 1970.
Does anyone know if Mrs Ivy Hodge is still alive? She would be 94 now. I'd love to have a cup of tea with her. If anyone is wondering what I am burbling on about read THIS I wonder if Jim'll fix it could fix it for me?
Anyway for those interested it was after the Ronan Point Disaster inquiry that CORGI was set up for the guidance of 'Mr Anybody's' such as her friend Charles Pike who got a bit heavy handed with his stillsons when he fitted her gas cooker resulting in an explosion when Ivy put the kettle on for a cuppa.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back