Lintel over rainwater pipe adjacent to wall how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm digging out for the foundations for a conservatory, I have a rain water pipe which runs parallel to the house with about 1cm gap to the brickwork and 400mm below ground level.
I understand that I need to use a lintel to bridge the pipe but how do I support the house end of it, all the examples I have seen have been in the middle of an open area so they are simply supported on both sides.

As an alternative would it be feasable to route the rwp around the perimeter of the conservatory base (4.1m x 3.25m ) so that the conservatory does not cover it at all?

Sponsored Links
I have a rain water pipe which runs parallel to the house with about 1cm gap to the brickwork and 400mm below ground level.
Thats a surface water drain then :!:

Covered in sections H3 and H4 here

but how do I support the house end of it

May have to take a brick out and 'corbal' the end of the lintel into the brickwork

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back