Local Relable & Trusted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And we park I'm Disabled bays

20221128_095325.jpg

Good advertising. Typical don't Give a shít tradesmen

Sponsored Links
The passenger at that time may have been disabled. The badge is allocated to a person not a vehicle.
The could have tuned up in a stage coach, and still be eligible to park in the bay.

Sponsored Links
A disabled person in possesion of their blue badge may travel in any vehicle. They may use their badge in any vehicle on the condition that THEY actually leave the vehicle. They may not display it if they are remaining in the vehicle.

I've had this 'chat' with parents who drop off their able-bodied children in the disabled parking bays. The parent is the disabled one and knows they are not allowed to use the badge for the benefit of an able-bodied person.

A disabled person in possesion of their blue badge may travel in any vehicle. They may use their badge in any vehicle on the condition that THEY actually leave the vehicle.
What about picking up? When I’ve picked my mum up from hospital in the past, I’ve driven up there and parked in a disabled bay using her badge and then gone in to wheel her out to it. Was I in the wrong?

What about picking up? When I’ve picked my mum up from hospital in the past, I’ve driven up there and parked in a disabled bay using her badge and then gone in to wheel her out to it. Was I in the wrong?
No, conny has it wrong the badge is eligible to be used for the dropping off or picking up of the disabled person. That said I suspect that's actually that's what conny meant anyway.

No. Thats perfectly acceptable because you are transporting the disabled badge holder.
Therefore you, (she), are using it for their benefit.

There was a story a few years ago about a woman who dropped her mum off at hospital because she was going in for an operation. Parked in a disabled bay and dropped mum off but then went to some local shops, to do some shopping, and left the car in the disabled bay. When she walked back with her shopping the car park attendant saw her and challenged her. She got quite vociferous with him so he called the police. Result was, she was arrested for a public disorder and fined for improper use of a blue badge. By law, because the holder would be staying in hospital, she should have removed the car from the bay when she left the hospital.

I think it was his mother he was picking up from McDonald's.
There was a leak from the roof. She was up there inspecting the damage.

No, conny has it wrong the badge is eligible to be used for the dropping off or picking up of the disabled person. That said I suspect that's actually that's what conny meant anyway.

If that were the case maybe be needs to sort his parking out

Sponsored Links
Back