Loft flooring query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked by someone to floor a section of their loft so they can get up to store some boxes, suitcases, christmas decs etc (nothing too heavy tho).

The roof is metal sheeting of some sort and the trusses are metal poles bolted at the top and fixed on to timber battens below which make the joists for the loft, the issue i have is the timbers only measure 25mm x 75mm. Not sure what length as covered in insulation but overall span is about 6m.

I was hoping to lay some 2x2 battens on top to lift the new floor above some pipes and cables but my concern is whether the existing timbers will support the weight of the new loft floor (18mm chipboard). They are at 400 centres if it makes any difference.

I didnt take any photos so have tried to describe it as best as i can...! Anyones seen timbers that section size in a loft floor and will it be substantial enough?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back