loo seat query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m probably going to get ridiculed for this post, but can anyone advise me a on a good, stable toilet seat. The last couple we have had tended to come loose and wobble. Some of the fittings have also snapped. Before anyone starts, they just undergo regular small family use and none of us are particularly large!
I have followed the instructions each time, but they eventually begin to move about. I haven’t tried the ones with a bar between the fittings – are they better?

Any advice would be appreciated
(better get the tin hat on, as I expect a barrage of jokes.)

Sponsored Links
i have in the past used a nylock nut on the thread just after the plastic but that comes with the toilet seat to stop them coming loose, and i have never had a problem with them.

I guess you get what you pay for, some descriptions of toilet seats say if it is made of strong materials.

Go to your local plumbers merchant were you can have a look at them and you should get a feel if they are sturdy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back