Looking for a good local roofer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have found a small leak in the roof of my 1930's semi detached three bed house. Had a roofer look at it and he says I have "nail sickness" causing the slate tiles to slip. I'm not disputing that as being a roofer he would know! He has suggested a new roof and has quoted just over £5k to remove existing roof re-felt and batton and roof to be finished with carbon slate. Firstly is this a good price and second could anyone recomend a good reliable roofer in the Bridgend area of South Wales? (thats not to say the guy i I had to quote isn't good its just that I dont know him and I just want to make sure my money is well spent so another quote would be required) its not just price he has to be reliable and thorough so recomendations are also important.

Regards
Sacko

Sponsored Links
£5k sounds very reasonable for a 3 bed detached house! Try Camilleri Roofing for a second opinion/quote they will cover Bridgend and are very reputable.

sounds dear to me???? A 70m2 roof using cembrit or eternit slates should be no more than 3k all in..

Sponsored Links
[/quote] That`s cuz it`s a semi ;) . I know they don`t have many in Wales - it`s all pit cottage terraces and pit owners mansions :mrgreen:[/quote]

Hmmm.. thanks for pointing out my error, no wonder I haven't progressed from the cottage to the mansion!

Thanks Guys.

Sorry its late responding, been working extra hours to pay for it.

I will definately get more quotes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back