Lots of flies in the house???

Sponsored Links
To RichardC

Thanks again for the advice and the website address. They definitely are cluster flies and I have put some fly papers up in the loft and sealed the gaps around the hatch with draught excluder and it seems to have worked. The best thing is that I can stop looking for dead animals up there now!

Sponsored Links
To RichardC

Thanks again for the advice and the website address. They definitely are cluster flies and I have put some fly papers up in the loft and sealed the gaps around the hatch with draught excluder and it seems to have worked. The best thing is that I can stop looking for dead animals up there now!
Your very welcome ;)

They tend to swarm though & my experience is that you will probably have rather more “slumbering residents” up there for the winter than you think; leave a light on for a few hours & they will all wake up :eek: . Also, like House Martins, they (or their offspring) return home every year which is why I try & exterminate as many of the buggers as I can every year; but still they return in large numbers :evil: . You may need many more fly papers but, as you say, at least you have the peace of mind that nothing orrible has died up there & is rotting away above you. :LOL:

Back