Low heating pressure on Ferolli boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there... i moved into a flat earlier in the year which has a Ferolli gas combi boiler (not sure of model or age - probably >5 yrs). Hot water fine but have a few issues with CH (now its winter), and hoping someone can give advice: 1) The pressure when boiler cold is generally <1 bar (now 0.8!) Rises just above 1 bar when in use. 2) Certain rads seem to fluctuate between hot and warm, even though room temp remains cool and rad stats all on high setting. Seems like not all rads in flat can be piping hot at same time. Temp on boiler gauge about 22'C when CH temp set at max.
Can someone tell me how to increase the pressure and if this could improve heating. Would apprciate any advice!!

Sponsored Links
Can someone tell me how to increase the pressure
Do search on Filling Loop

Do you have thermostatic rad valves?

Bleed rads then refill system to about 1 bar..

Thanks for response ChrisR. I'm not too knowledgable about this and won't pretend i am. All rads have Honeywell thermostatic valves on, which are at max setting (5). I'm confident about bleeding them, but not so sure on how to re-fill to correct pressure. Will look into it before deciding if it something i can do myself.

Further to my last posts.. i've just turned on the heating and checked pressure and rad temperatures, and discovered i may have been a bit hasty in my original message! All radiators piping hot when first turned on, so imagine the fluctating rad temps is due to the boiler stat switching on and off.

I will bleed and fill/re-pressurize system when cooled down, so sits at 1 bar when cold.

Can anyone please advise what the temperature on the combined temp/pressure gauge is. As previously stated this is currently 22'C when boiler CH stat set to maximum.

Sponsored Links
JonB... not sure what model i have as no identifcation on boiler, but site looks good so should be able to find right manual. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back