low pitch height and planning permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently building a shed that falls within permitted development rights, but due to the door and window I have put in, I am left with a paltry 5.6 degrees pitch.

Now I am kinda buggered with height (Max 2.5m) because of where it is situated. I don't really want to put felt on as I think it looks ugly and I want something long term and pleasing to the eye.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or how do you think planning will react to requesting a height that will allow a 10 degree pitch?

Sponsored Links
Epdm, grp, if budget is justified zinc is very attractive (IMO) or even lead though will be v expensive and susceptible to theft. Or a green roof is possible.

You would probably get planning, the planners will take into consideration what could be done under PD. But what does 10degrees provide?

Epdm, grp, if budget is justified zinc is very attractive (IMO) or even lead though will be v expensive and susceptible to theft. Or a green roof is possible.

The shed is 4.5m by 2.25m so maybe zinc would be cost effective as it looks good? Don't like gap unfortunately and yeah, don't think lead would be suitable, lol. Thanks for the suggestion though as I had not thought of zinc.

Sponsored Links
You would probably get planning, the planners will take into consideration what could be done under PD. But what does 10degrees provide?

10 degrees would allow DECRA roofing which looks pretty good, I reckon I would need to go up to about 2.7-2.8m though. I know this isn't a huge leap from PD but have never dealt with any planning situations before?

if your shed is on an uneven site its measured from the highest natural pointon the ground that it covers

no its the natural ground the shed COVERS

Last edited:
no its the natural ground the she COVERS

I see, now thats only about 30mm. I suppose thats better than nothing.

Or would planning just say, yeah, its only 300mm higher than PD and it backs onto a social clubs football ground so crack on, have planning permission? lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back