low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a second/top floor flat and have low water pressure. This is a particular problem for the shower which runs hot and cold. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You need to see if you have a shared water supply with the lower flat.

The Water Supply Co should be able to help/advise free if you make a complaint of inadequate pressure/flow.

The landlord/Freeholder should be asked to assist to permit seperate supplies from the street, but you will have to pay, usually several hundred !!!

Tony

charlie5 said:
I have recently moved into a second/top floor flat and have low water pressure. This is a particular problem for the shower which runs hot and cold. Any suggestions?
How low is "low"? I ask because electric showers (assuming that this is what you have) are designed to stabilise the temperature, but they do have a specification for minimum inlet pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back