lowering bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to lower this bath to gain headroom in the shower and to reduce the step up into the bath. The floorboards go across the bath from side to side.

Do I need to keep the wooden blocks under the legs?

Sponsored Links
How far do you want to go down. I looks like there is a good few inches of downward adjustment in the adjustable feet. You could also put thinner blocks (floorboard) under the feet. There may/should also be a batten on the wall which the bath ledge is resting on.

As long as you can get to the waste, put it as low as you like.

just make sure the waste still has enough fall in the new position otherwise your bath will take ages to empty! :oops:

Sponsored Links
its not very clear in the photo, but it looks as if the waste is nearly on the floor, which is ideal, you need a certain distance for the bath trap but you can cut a hole in the floor to accomodate the trap and have it as low as possible, i needed as much headroom for as shower in my ensuite and got a really shallow bath (designed for elderly/infirm, no sarky comments please) its about 125mm lower than a normal bath

How far do you want to go down. I looks like there is a good few inches of downward adjustment in the adjustable feet. You could also put thinner blocks (floorboard) under the feet.
I think I want to go as far down as I can, but still be able to detach/replace the U-bend.
There may/should also be a batten on the wall which the bath ledge is resting on.
There was a batten on the wall but there is no wall at the moment! The new boards cover a repaired pair of rotten joists. The previous/original bath was not properly sealed for a shower. :eek:
its not very clear in the photo, but it looks as if the waste is nearly on the floor, which is ideal
The bath/basin 2" waste is on the floor and joins the soil pipe some 300mm below the floor, beneath the lavatory connection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back