LPG in a camper van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had my van converted by a professional company.

My insurance required a gas certificate, should the company that fitted it supplied the certificate. As they are saying this is a extra cost of £110 by another person. I suspect the conversion company are not gas safe and this is why the extra cost.

Sponsored Links
bit confused regards your post. is it the fuel thats lpg(camper engine). or the appliances?. bothe totally different in regards testing etc. if appliances then youll need a gassafe registered guy with the relevant qualifications. not many have them.

Oh sorry forgot you can get a LPG covertion for the engine. My post relates to the two gas cookers that are inbuilt into the kitchen

Cheers

Oh sorry forgot you can get a LPG covertion for the engine. My post relates to the two gas cookers that are inbuilt into the kitchen

Cheers

Then you do indeed require a gas safe engineer to issue you with a certificate , as previously stated not a common qualification as the cost is excessive unless you do a lot of these , contact the company you used to install them they should by law be qualified

Sponsored Links
take it there sneff? regards testing you will. need someone with the relevant cert LAV. as i mentioned and make sure they do for your insurances sake . for the price they stated probably not worth the hassle trying to find someone that can. check gassaferegister.co.uk it will state if they carry lpg caravans etc.

Don't the company that fitted the appliances have to provide a installation certificate like a house . i am thinking why would they say this is a extra charge, i suspect this company was not gas safe. which i would consider a illegal installation

i no that each year i would need a new cp12 to validate the insurance

thank you for the replies

well the conversion company says they don't have to issue a certificate but they can get someone out to check it for a extra charge. i find it strange as you don't have to in a domestic property get it checked after a installation and u get a building certificate. just wanted it clarifying if i am suppose to get a installation cert for the two new appliances in a camper van. i no many ppl don't work on LPG but still falls under gas safe and gas regs installation and use

its a bit weird in LAV and RPH situations and usually the company who build/modify them get away with not being gas safe as they are not connecting them to a gas supply.
I connect up Park Homes which come pre-installed with full central heating and a boiler on the wall. In the past I have found faults which I wouldn't expect from an RGI but unfortunately its me who carries the can as the person who instates the gas supply to them, so just have to get out the fine tooth comb and make sure everything is in order. I don't think you will get anywhere, you'll just have to pay to get them checked I'm afraid.

agree with mickyg. i do work for a company that transports static homes etc and on there site also. like mentioned i find some real stupid faults like nat gas injectors on hobs etc. basically were called out to commission someone else's work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back