LPG vs Oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
New forum member here, hello to you all.

We are currently buying a house with no mains gas but it has a gas tank (branded countrywide) for running a small stove type thing and an oil tank running a range(which will probably be removed) which provides water and runs one? radiator.
The rest of the house is heated by some ancient storage heaters. Showers are electric.

We will be installing new heating/boiler throughout and so will require
Gas cooking (hob, oven can be electric)
Central heating
Hot water

We may reuse the gas stove in the sitting room in preference to a woodburner.

I have looked into heat pumps but think that as the house is older with solid floors and no cavities it will not have enough bang to run a system.

Given my requirements Im thinking LPG, what benefits would we get from oil?

Thanks for any input
Nick

Sponsored Links
The benefit you'd get from oil is that it is considerably cheaper to run than LPG.

There seems to be a big move to induction hobs in new/fancy kitchens now, so I'd reconsider if the gas hob is the primary driver. People seem to say that induction is much better than gas in most respects.

Sponsored Links
Oil is cheaper to run, with LPG you would have a greater choice of boilers but there are many decent oil boilers on the market

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back