Macerators

Cars and washing machines also break down too!

In fact I cannot think of anything that will not eventually break down.

Sponsored Links
Reckon French vans break down more than a well installed and correctly used macerator.

Personally, wouldn't buy a French van, but having said that, we have Swedish trucks, and they break down. A lot.

We also have a Sanivite, on a single sink that is rarely (now never) used. That too has broken down. :whistle:

Cheers Just pumps, I'll try one of those.

Thanks to OpH & Dan for their completely useless replies.
Oph - have you forgotten what this site is about?

Diy NOT I believe its called ................

Sponsored Links
Yeah good luck

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    506.3 KB · Views: 144
Personally, wouldn't buy a French van, but having said that, we have Swedish trucks, and they break down. A lot.

We also have a Sanivite, on a single sink that is rarely (now never) used. That too has broken down. :whistle:
That stopped through lack of use Hugh.

As I don`t see a macerator I guess the drains are blocked.
reason why i said that was because i remember a young lad working for me with similar situation but just a blocked toilet and floor flooded ( shyte everywhere) , he just cleared water from floor and toilet ( to clear ) and filled the bath instead :ROFLMAO::mad: and used all the customers towels out of AC :mad: which they were not pleased with:LOL: but at least he stuck in and tried :rolleyes::LOL: . that picture just brought memories back and just one job i wish i didn't send him on his own too after all it was only supposed to be a blocked toilet:oops::(

No macerator involved Just thought I would share my pic , blocked drain , bottom floor flat , I poked my head round corner and said fook that love il ring mgrod for ya lmao

That stopped through lack of use Hugh.

It still runs. Just doesn't stop, so we have to switch it off at the wall. Its actually in a basement drying room. At least we know the NRV works, as the stack its connected to blocked a while ago underground. Someone stuck a notice on the ground floor WC's saying 'Out of order. Please use 1st Floor facilities' Which are connected into the same stack.....

It was also nice to see our office staff getting the same level of service the customers do, by it taking several days for someone to come and clear the blockage! :ROFLMAO:

How does it fit? Does it slide over 32mm pipe then I use the Jubilee clips?

Just to be clear and save any mess you will need 2 jubilee clips to make it water tight, I`ve seen one in White rather than the horrid Black but they are harder to find.

How does it fit? Does it slide over 32mm pipe then I use the Jubilee clips?

Yeah, each end of the pipe goes in the NRV by around 25mm then you tighten the jubilee clip on each end. Being the heavy duty one you will probably need a 6 or 7mm socket rather than a screwdriver to tighten the clip.

It still runs. Just doesn't stop, so we have to switch it off at the wall. Its actually in a basement drying room. At least we know the NRV works, as the stack its connected to blocked a while ago underground. Someone stuck a notice on the ground floor WC's saying 'Out of order. Please use 1st Floor facilities' Which are connected into the same stack.....

It was also nice to see our office staff getting the same level of service the customers do, by it taking several days for someone to come and clear the blockage! :ROFLMAO:

Needs a membrane Hugh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back