Mad dogs and Englishmen

then your saying i should never own a german shep or doberman
that would be your answer if you looked at my record or asked neighbours.
but all my dogs have been fully trained in Obedience & agility.
Have you a history of maltreating dogs to the extent that they had to be destroyed after attacking something?

Do you leave your dogs to roam free all over the shop and let them become a public nuisance?

I think that is the sort of evidence that neighbours could provide.

yes they could if they where truthful but you know what old cocknball they'll give when you don't get on.

Sponsored Links
But ill concede the point to you :LOL:
How very gracious of you.
and thank you very much for the fine explanation of the Y chromos, apes and chinese stuff. Very interesting.
I understand this does not happen in dogs though, even when a large litter the eggs all separate, so no ID twins.

Why are potential owners not assessed for suitability?

We've had the same question in relation to parenting ;) most of those that would do the deciding have the biggest problems methinks. They maybe the same people that would decide who has a Yorkie, Poodle, Staffie etc.
Suppose you could extend this to many spheres - who guards the guards? (or mods the mods? ;) :LOL: )

Joking apart, it doesn't sit right that the family I referred to when I opened this thread could quite easily go and get a replacement dog tomorrow, and possibly treat it in such a way that it gives a repeat performance (but next time possibly against a child?).
I don't think they could as the authorities are already involved in the case and share their information with the likes of the RSPCA (who incidentally, do home checks prior to letting anyone take one of their dogs) and no doubt check whether the person has ever been banned from owning dogs

Sponsored Links
Correct, there is only one type of identical twin, this is from the splitting of the single cell. The other type of twin is a 'fraternal' twin whch is due to 2 eggs being fertilised at the same time.

You have monozygotic which is identical, and dizygotic which is fraternal.

No they don't. There are not 2 forms of 'identical twin', only one. The other is a 'twin' and non-identical

you're hair-splitting, if i had written 'twins come in two sorts' only it would have conveyed the same meaning.

yes they could if they where truthful but you know what old cocknball they'll give when you don't get on.
What, all of them? Anyway, I think any complaint would flag up an issue to be investigate, not decided on at face value by some jobsworth in an office

I don't think they could as the authorities are already involved in the case and share their information with the likes of the RSPCA (who incidentally, do home checks prior to letting anyone take one of their dogs) and no doubt check whether the person has ever been banned from owning dogs
Good, that's useful to know. Although it would still be possible (by definition) for them to get hold of an "illegal" dog, at which point we enter ajstones' argument about the impotence of legislation.

So, all in all, to precis - there is no obvious solution.

Therefore we may as well get involved in the other discussion on this thread about the DNA of the tu*ds of cloned puppies :LOL: :LOL:

A dog is dangerous the second time it bites someone. After the second time it bites, the law takes it away.

If you dont want it classified as dangerous, make sure it doesnt bite. And if your dog commits violence towards someone, you, the owner, will be personally culpable for assault, GBH, ABH, Manslaughter or Murder, depending on the degree of the violence.

And if your dog commits violence towards someone, you, the owner, will be personally culpable for assault

You already are responsible for its actions if you are the owner. You are also responsible if you are not the owner but are recognised as the keeper.
Note! You only have to be 'recognised' as the keeper, not registered. This basically means if you do most of the looking after, which in turn can mean anyone who feeds, waters or excercises the animal on a regular basis.

I think they should bring back the 'dog licence'. Any responsible owner would have no problem with this. Anyone who refused to buy a licence would lose their dog(s) and be fined.

JM, as to your original question 'Is there something wrong with these people?'
Yes. They have no sense of moral resonsibilty, they have an uncaring attitude for the animal as a properly trained/loved animal is a happy one and less likely to become aggressive and finally they see everything they own as a 'status' symbol be it a 4X4, 'designer' clothes or a viciously bred/trained dog. They are self centred egotists who think the rest of society should be in awe of them.

And if your dog commits violence towards someone, you, the owner, will be personally culpable for assault

You already are responsible for its actions if you are the owner. You are also responsible if you are not the owner but are recognised as the keeper.
Note! You only have to be 'recognised' as the keeper, not registered. This basically means if you do most of the looking after, which in turn can mean anyone who feeds, waters or excercises the animal on a regular basis.

I think they should bring back the 'dog licence'. Any responsible owner would have no problem with this. Anyone who refused to buy a licence would lose their dog(s) and be fined.

i dont mean just 'responsible' i mean 'culpable', as in if your dog commits GBH on someone, YOU can be charged and convicted of GBH.

i dont mean just 'responsible' i mean 'culpable', as in if your dog commits GBH on someone, YOU can be charged and convicted of GBH.

Yes you can be charged in this way.
There was a case recently about a young lad called Jon-Paul Massey who was killed by an illegal dog. His uncle owned it and has been found guilty, not sure what sentence he got, and the childs grandmother was the one who looked after it. She has been charged with something relating to being the recognised keeper.

Sponsored Links
Back