Magic Eye Amplifier & Splitting Issues!!!

I have hundreds of eBooks. Some I paid for and some were free downloads. I can't think of any eBook from which I haven't learned at least one useful new fact that I didn't already know. I have never felt the need to ask for a refund.

But an eBook is only useful to those who are prepared to read all of the information and use it. Sanjay, I suspect that's not you. I think you lack the patience and understanding so I strongly recommend that, with cost being unimportant to you, you simply employ a professional to sort out your problem. Forget DIY.

Sponsored Links
If it was me I'd gather all the magic eyes up with the amp and set up a place where you can test without running around the house.

Make up some short cables for testing. Sky RF2 out to the amp. Short links to the three(?) magic eyes. Hook up one TV and put it on the RF channel. Take one IR receiver, cup it in your hand over the front of the Sky remote so that the box isn't getting direct IR. Change channel. If this works then you know the gear is good. It's a problem either with the house cable, or the connections, or the TVs.

Next, reinsert the amp and eyes in to the house system. Do not connect the other two TVs. You are testing the cable, not the whole system. Label the output cables to the three TVs so you know what you are testing. Watch the local TV fed from RF2 via an eye. Power down. Connect a second output. You now have two outputs connected. If the picture is still good then power down and add the third output. If the picture is still good then the cables are okay. If not, then you'll know which cable is causing an issue.

After successful cable testing move on to adding one TV at a time.

All this is is simple methodical testing and eliminating causes.

For your information I have done that as I do have the patience and the intelligence. I haven't ever had to use these types of forums before and felt I may get help but instead I have just got some smart A*** who thinks he knows everything and the rest of us know nothing!!!
Anyway thank you Chris for your advice and Sam Gangee I will continue to try and resolve the issue.

Sponsored Links
Sanjay, read my first and second posts that directed you to the exact information that you require. When you ignored it, it proved that you lacked the other ingredients.

That's not true I didn't ignore them as my post said (May24th 10.58am) that there wasn't nothing in those links that I hadn't already tried - I also stated right at the beginning that I have fitted many of these things in the past and never had an issue.
I didn't see the need to get personal - Anyway as I have said thanks for your advice I will continue to try and resolve myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back