Magna clean - is it required for a totally new system?

I agree entirely with SimonD. :eek:

WHile the sludge problem isn't new, the older systems get, the more relevant it is, so it's more of an issue than 20 years ago.

Haven't really investigated the Spirovent magnets, but the Magnaclean ones are particularly good. Much stronger than Boiler Buddy's.

I hope Adey gets his quality/durability issues really sorted, the trouble is, we won't be certain before a few years of use!

Spirovents use magnets?

Sponsored Links
mine doesn't

AFAIK there is a Spiro with an air bubble collector, one with a sediment collector, and one with both. They work by turbulence and settlement,not by magnets.

The sediment collector appears to catch bits of old scale (non magnetic) and some brown colouring, it doesn't seem to clear the water as startingly as a Magnaclean does (but my system was pretty clean, and had been powerflushed before fitting it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back