MAIN 30HE INTERMITANT FIRING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First let me thank everyone for helping me get my heating working.

My daughter now has a problem with her main 30 he condensing boiler. gc No 47-474-03. it fires up but takes ages it clicks and clicks but only fires up aftre a while. when its running it perfect. also when on hot water only it will not fire at all.

Please help me again. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
gas valve Low pressure setting not set correct.

Hotwater fault probably the diaphragm if it is not even sparking

In theory no but loads do. vibration, gas pressure from street being altered gas meter wearing, govenor on gas meter wearing etc etc

Sponsored Links
changed the diaphram and the hot water is fine thank-you. but the intermittant is still there. I also noticed that the boiler is working with only .2 of a bar. i thougth this could not happen. please tell me could this be the firing problem too.

Why it works on HW now he has changed diaphragm and would not spark if APS was not making

if only .2bar try filling it a bit, 1bar is usual

this boiler has a diaphragm that proves pump operation so as long as its pumping enough water to move the diaphragm, the boiler will work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back