MATURE ACS STUDENT NEEDING HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there to you all
I have just completed my ACS practical training workshops and I am in need of finding an RGI to do my 35 appliances on job training with.I need to cover boilers,water heaters,fires and cookers.I live in the Portsmouth area of Hampshire, but I am willing to travel.Can anyone help?
Regards
glplumb

Sponsored Links
Please can you explain why any local firm should give you the experience you need just so that you can become self employed and undercut/compete/steal customers ???

Tony

should of added that i am EXPECTING to work for nothing.
Dont think I will bother with this forum if everyone is as rude and patronising as you Agile.I bet you are ex BG

Sponsored Links
That's not rude for this forum!. I think Tony has a fair point as whoever you expect to give you the experience will almost certainly be curious as to the reply themselves.

Agile has a fair point though.

Although i was in the same situation as you 2 years ago. its not easy :confused:

Noi It's not easy. Perhaps if you offerred what you CAN do, free, like hanging rads and piping them up, you'd get the exposure you need to the gas appliances.

I don't think Agile has a fair point, i would rather help someone who has gone to the trouble and expense to take his ACS even if he did set up in competion with me, than be under cut by a cowboy unregistered so called fitter.
If you know what your doing have fair prices do a good job you will get plenty of work by satisfied customers etc and shouldn't need to worry about competion IMHO.

Portsmouth is a smallish area where there is not much mobility of the population.

An experienced RGI who has built up a loyal clientele over say 15 years could easily find 30% of his customers being stolen by an ex-trainee who is doing the job for half the price.

One of my ex-trainees had cards printed with Agile Services, our CORGI number and HIS telephone number which he then handed out widely.

Thats what some of them do!

Another customer called me and said that she had tried to call xxxx who we had sent to service her boiler last year. Luckily her call was not answered so she called me directly next otherwise I would never have known.

I for one would never help anyone who is rude to me like this OP. Respect and politeness is something I expect from everyone. Next he will probably start swearing! I asked a simple and very relevant question and all he can do is to call me rude.

If he was a little more astute he would have demonstrated his competence by answering my question!

Tony

anyone who is rude to me like this OP
He wasn't particularly rude, apart from calling YOU rude!
He called you patronising, but that was only astute ?? ;)

Isn't it rude to say that I must be ex-British Gas?

Tony

No that would have been a compliment as it would have assumed you where time served and had recieved a certain degree of training, good or bad.
Do agree with Agile regards why should anyone train someone up to go out there and in effect take the bread from your mouth. Also don`t understand why Agile needs trainees which he keeps mentioning as he doesn`t do large installs etc and vast majority of his work is repairs so why the need for trainee.
The secret of training anyone is teach them everything they know but not everything that you know. ;)

Hi

So if everybody took Agiles stance then how many of us would be here now?
Can't understand why Agile slags off this poster yet offers another poster the chance to help him out,on another thread 'West London Plumbers'

Thanet.

Independent People take people on for a variety of reasons i very much doubt anyone takes them on because they are such a nice person they want to train someone up out of the goodness of their heart if its not a family member. It is too make money out of them in some way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back