MATURE ACS STUDENT NEEDING HELP

Hi

Can't understand why Agile slags off this poster yet offers another poster the chance to help him out,on another thread 'West London Plumbers'

Thanet.

I asked the original poster a very simple question!

That gave him every opportunity to give a polite and well reasoned reply and show that he is intelligent and serious. Instead he chose not to reply to my question but instead to demonstrate an abusive attitude. I dont help people like that!

I often get asked to take trainees who want to learn about repairing boilers. Most are no hopers but the few that I do take will usually agree that I give them very good training.

One who came out with me just a couple of years ago has just completed a £55k + vat design and fit installation job with 66 radiators!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile...it wasn't a simple question, the reference to
undercut/compete/steal customers was quite nasty.

Surely its a simple question?

Those things are what a large number of trainees are doing.

Why do you think that in these circumstances there is anything "nasty" about that question?

Instead of being confrontational why dont you set about addressing the questions?

These agressive and rude wanabees dont encourage any professionals to take on trainees.

Someone who used to post on here took on this fellow only to find a few months later that he was collecting payments from the customers and not passing them on to the firm!!!

This is the plain fact of life for professionals who try to help people to become trained and in a high proportion of cases we are not happy afterwards with the way they thank us.

I get little or no benefit from training anyone and only do it because I like to pass on my knowledge and skills to others. In return I get these rude comments!

Tony

Hi

Can't understand why Agile slags off this poster yet offers another poster the chance to help him out,on another thread 'West London Plumbers'

Thanet.

That gave him every opportunity to give a polite and well reasoned reply and show that he is intelligent and serious. Instead he chose not to reply to my question but instead to demonstrate an abusive attitude. I dont help people like that!

I often get asked to take trainees who want to learn about repairing boilers. Most are no hopers but the few that I do take will usually agree that I give them very good training.

One who came out with me just a couple of years ago has just completed a £55k + vat design and fit installation job with 66 radiators!

Tony

Yes it was a very simple question ,but it wasn't asked in a very civil manner, was it.
You seem to be making it up as you go along. You condemn one poster for asking for work saying he's stealing the bread from your table, then say you've passed on your vast wealth of experience to a trainee.
Was it that he left out the words WORK FOR FREE?

Thanet.

Sponsored Links
Agile
I am sorry for going on the abusive train of thought.I should of explained myself more in the beginning.The only reason that i am doing all of these elements is because they were included in the package of training.My goal is to pass my domestic ACS and then go on to do the commercial gas ,as I currently work in a gas fired steam boiler house.
If this does not work out then i would try and get a job with a manufacturer.
Sorry to cause any offence
glplumb

Thanet. its only a fekkin forum.

Youll get used to it. Its quite amusing. :LOL:

And remember no one gives a fekk what you think,.... or I think.

Agile
I am sorry for going on the abusive train of thought.I should of explained myself more in the beginning.The only reason that i am doing all of these elements is because they were included in the package of training.My goal is to pass my domestic ACS and then go on to do the commercial gas ,as I currently work in a gas fired steam boiler house.
If this does not work out then i would try and get a job with a manufacturer.
Sorry to cause any offence
glplumb

I am not offended at all!

I only asked a simple question.

Please can you explain why any local firm should give you the experience you need just so that you can become self employed and undercut/compete/steal customers ???

Tony

My question was an opportunity for you to consider why any local firm should consider training you and explain it here in case anyone felt able to help you.

Now you tell us that you did not give us the correct perspective on your situation anyway.

If you go to a job interview do you immediately ignore the questions asked and accuse the questioner of all sorts of things? If so then you are unlikely to ever get a job.

My question was politely asked but you chose not to answer it and instead become abusive.

Whilst you may not be serious about getting trained that attitude is not helping genuine people needing assistance with their portfolios.

Tony

some firms will offer jobs for traning , but will tie you in on a contract for a certain length of time . so as to recoup the training costs back.

HI

TONY has fair point .
i am based in the north west and the prices paid here are so low. eg£150 for the bathroom.
there is queue in the ecollege and the rate that some people are becoming CORGI is unbelevible.
The newcomers are undercutting. i also blame manufacturers who sell their products to local merchants who sell to anyone.and it is hard to believe that manufacturers still cover warranty even if the boiler was not registered.

That simple question carried the implication of him being less than decent, i.e. intending to do the thing that someone else has done to you. You didn't give him the benefit of any doubt, and thereby misrepresented the ethos of the forum. You were an utter git, as is commonplace.

He didn't want your help, and will get it from other people anyway.

The logical conclusion of your claim is that some of the few that you take on believe that you don't give them very good training.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back