Mazda radio override code needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mate's Mazda 6 radio has locked him out, it's showing "err" in the display because his girlfriend entered the wrong code three times. I've found the following instructions on the Mazda forum however, it fails at the final hurdle. Does anyone have the correct proceedure to get the radio active again?
This is what I found at the Mazda forum;
Step one:- press one at a time - preset 6, AM, Auto M, Seek ^ (up).
Step Two:- Input this number, 4989.
Step Three:- Press and hold Auto M and Preset 6 together.
Step Four:- The Word ''GOOD'' will appear on the screen indicated that the radio will work.
Step Five:- Reprogram new Anti theft code into radio as per instruction manual.

Sponsored Links
i'd bet on it being a plug in job at the dealers.
Looks a bit too easy a way to unlock a nicked stereo to me!

thats why on most car forums the details are not readily given out,unless your all ready established within said forum.
or try and google your problem.

or you could join a mazda forum and do a search in there to see if the problem has been posted before.

Cracked it. It was as simple as that, had to press preset 6 a second time.

Sponsored Links
In response to your post on 31st May, I have tried the steps you outlined but I'm having problems understanding at what stage you press preset 6 a second time. Please could you confirm.

Many thanks.

Denise

I think it was at the end. I'd need to ask the guy who's car it was and I might not see him for a while.

Thank you for the reply.

Long term solution doesn't phase me so if you can eventually get in touch with the guy who solved this that would be great.

In the interim, I've posted a thread on the Mazda UK forum to see whether I get a response.

I'll let you know if this gets resolved.

Thanks.
:)

Yipee. The mazda UK forum has resolved my problem.
I had to use a different code for my Mazda MX5 and all is now well.

Thank you for responding to my initial enquiry.

Forums are wonderful.

Thanks again.

there you go,specific forums are sometimes an absolute wealth of information.glad you got it sorted.

If you had said it was for an MX5, I could have told you it was a different code. Because, when I was trying to get the code for the Mazda 6, all the ones I came across were for MX5's.

My mate's Mazda 6 radio has locked him out, it's showing "err" in the display because his girlfriend entered the wrong code three times. I've found the following instructions on the Mazda forum however, it fails at the final hurdle. Does anyone have the correct proceedure to get the radio active again?
This is what I found at the Mazda forum;
Step one:- press one at a time - preset 6, AM, Auto M, Seek ^ (up).
Step Two:- Input this number, 4989.
Step Three:- Press and hold Auto M and Preset 6 together.
Step Four:- The Word ''GOOD'' will appear on the screen indicated that the radio will work.
Step Five:- Reprogram new Anti theft code into radio as per instruction manual.

Will this unlock method work on Mazda 323f Gsi radio ?
If so, any chance you can post the full unlocking code and method in one piece/post step by step ?

I got my battery changed and the ERR started flashing on my radio before the fuse blew ! Just was my day !
Anyway, I changed the fuse but the radio is still flashing the ERR.

I don't have it now but, you should be able to Google it. That's how I found it.

Sponsored Links
Back