McAlpine shower waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why does the shower wastes with the 50mm water seal exit with a 90 degree bend and can it be removed and replaced with a straight as I am limited on space next to the waste hole?

Sponsored Links
Yeah just spin the nut off the bend, take out the compression ring and backing disc and reassemble on the trap, then bin the bend

Cheers will pick one up tomorrow as about to ply my floor ready for tiling and fitting the tray. Thanks for the quick reply.

Got my trap in the post this morning. Afraid you cant just spin the nut off and move the compression seal as the outlet from the waste is a standard 1 1/2” waste outlet not a McAlpine multifit.
Found out that the bend is there to help prevent the waste from cracking if there is any movement in the tray. Off to the plumber’s merchants now to try get a 1 1/2” to compression so I can exit out straight.

Sponsored Links
Ah, sorry about that, I've never had a problem IIRC :confused: I don't go with the whole elbow taking up movement thing though, a properly-installed tray won't move.

Hope you got sorted

No problem. Ye i know my tray int going anywhere sat on a 15mm bed of sand and cement. That came from the McAlpine tec,support. There must be some reason for it as all the high flow wastes have an elbow on them too.

I managed to fit it with the elbow anyway so dint have to go buy another adapter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back