MCB problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My flat has been refurbished including new electrics. 1 year ago to be exact.

Recently a kitchen circuit started tripping.
Firstly it was thought that it was because the circuit was overloading.

Then the electrician said it was not this but there was water causing it as there was a delay.

I found a leak under the bath which was saturating an earth wire.

The guy came back but said it wasn't this either. Is that true?

The MCB doesn't work at all now.
I can't replace it as noone has heard of the brand ( STEEPLE).

I am no closer to getting to the bottom of it and have already spent £250 call out
The electrician suggests a rewire.

Can anyone suggest anything to help?

Sponsored Links
what is the rating of the MCB that's going in Amps?

I can't see any way that u need a re wire if the original wiring was done properly and the rest of your circuits are working.

MCBs are usually much the same. Normally only a few pounds to replace. Look at QVS on the net.
You are talking about a mains circuit breaker and not an earth leakage circuit breaker? Either way you need a qualified electrician to logically work out the problem. Diagnosis of most faults should cost a lot less than £250 but it depends on whether the wiring was done properly at the start. I suggest you ask whoever did wiring to give you a wiring diagram if possible.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back