McClaren Gas Valve not working .. Help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new here!

I have a problem that has both me and Reg, my plummer a little bamboozled!

He has fitted a working (bench checked) Mclaren UK48RBB01 valve to my Gloworm spacesaver boiler. It works with a 24v feed & gas.

He also fitted new thermostat.

In situ, valve is getting a 24v feed to the terminals when the thermostat is switched on .. but it it not initiating the solenoid ... ?

This is exactly what was happening to the old valve hence fitting a replacement ... so it would appear the valve is not faulty?

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Ant help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Graham

Sponsored Links
You should get an audible click from that valve when the solenoid is powered up. Is your pilot on and the knob turned to the on position? If your plummer is bamboozled then employ a gas engineer. They are the simplest of boilers.

The overheat/limit stat wired through the thermocouple interrupter has tripped and must be replaced which will then give coninuity to the valve.

Of course work to be done only by qualified and registered persons.

Regards

Sponsored Links
The overheat/limit stat wired through the thermocouple interrupter has tripped and must be replaced which will then give coninuity to the valve.

Of course work to be done only by qualified and registered persons.

Regards
It's a Spacesaver not a Fuelsaver.
I have never seen one with an interrupter.
Most were on gravity primaries.

How was the 24V tested for?Across the L & N terminals? Has the knob been turned to ON? If so, it would appear the new valve IS faulty.

We are all assuming the pilot is alight, and your guy has checked that there is gas available at the inlet pressure nipple on the valve?

ERDIT: Just realised I may have said a little too much, but you say "plummer"? Is Reg registered for gas? Why did he fot new 'stat?

Last edited:
Why does this "Reg" not ask us on this forum?

We have a special part where gas registered people can ask for assistance and we can give them help.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back