Megaflo

Again are you saying Dr that even a poorly fitted Combi or Heat Store will not Blow Up?

Sponsored Links
A gas boiler can explode,

When there is an alternative, that costs no more, you install the failsafe system. It is that simple. Anyone who does not is irresponsible and should get out of the industry.

No death is acceptable. Two wrongs do not make a right!

I agree, so a unvented cylinder fitted correctly with all the safety device installed where they should be is perfectly safe.

It does seem Dr that you really making your own arguement?

For what I can tell you are saying

1. No unvented cylinder is safe, no matter how well it has been installed its only a matter of time till it explodes.

2 All Heat stores are safe. If it has been installed really poorly it will not present a danger to a member of the public.

3 since the terrible incident ALL open vented cylinders and ALL Plastic cold water storage cisterns are dangerous and WILL over heat resulting in terrible property damage or death.

4 All combis are safe as long as they are installed in a outhouse type situation

Is that about the gist of it Dr??

Sponsored Links
I like combis in externally fitted cabinets. Very safe!!!!

Being as you only talk the talk (apart from when you w*** the w*** to waterblast), you'll not have noticed that combi theft has been rife for years which might compromise your safety claim. Unless of course you know of any of the light fingered brigade who cap off and soundness test before they scarper.

I like combis in externally fitted cabinets. Very safe!!!!

Being as you only talk the talk (apart from when you w*** the w*** to waterblast), you'll not have noticed that combi theft has been rife for years which might compromise your safety claim. Unless of course you know of any of the light fingered brigade who cap off and soundness test before they scarper.

according to the Esteemed Dr nixt that wont matter cos they are safer than an unvented

:)

frankly if everyone hit the ignore button all his posts disappear ;) :LOL:

A gas boiler can explode,

When there is an alternative, that costs no more, you install the failsafe system. It is that simple. Anyone who does not is irresponsible and should get out of the industry.

No death is acceptable. Two wrongs do not make a right!

I agree, so a unvented cylinder fitted correctly with all the safety device installed where they should be is perfectly safe.

Until they fail. Understand the word failsafe.

It does seem Dr that you really making your own arguement?

For what I can tell you are saying

1. No unvented cylinder is safe, no matter how well it has been installed its only a matter of time till it explodes.

It is not failsafe. heat bank thermal stores are and outperform unvented cylinders.

2 All Heat stores are safe. If it has been installed really poorly it will not present a danger to a member of the public.

Even a poorly fitted one is safe.

3 since the terrible incident ALL open vented cylinders and ALL Plastic cold water storage cisterns are dangerous and WILL over heat resulting in terrible property damage or death.

This is a real possibility.

4 All combis are safe as long as they are installed in a outhouse type situation

All appliance would be better in such locations for a plethora of reasons.

Is that about the gist of it Dr??

You are way off mark as usual. Sad but true.

so you cannot be polite to someone who is trying to engage you in a reasoned argument

thats very telling.

Right your a pillock and I am done with you

:)

Dr D you are the one who brought up the word failsafe and yet when asked you cannot say what a failsafe system is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back