Members advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi --- you all
I wonder if members can give me advice on couple of difficulties that i am facing.----
Bit about my self --- for the last 6 years i have been a plumber and worked along side corgi eng.... I have gain valuable knowledge 1st hand over the years---and for the last 3 years became Corgi my self--- although still felt comfortable doin installation work for number of private contractors--- But for the last 2 years i was finding it difficult trying to get the payment for work done from those contractors---
In view to that i scale down and now i prefer not to work with contractors cos as i explained about the payment and also still trying to recoup roughly £3000 from them...
I have just landed a lucrative work with an agency who have 150 properties plus---and i do all there plumbing and boiler repairs-- and landlord saf cert @£40 depending---!!!!!

what i need to know is:
(1)---I have been told the cost of repairing a boiler depending on the fault ---do i have to charge them less ie:labour?
Typical eg: on a turbo max that i went to see today --- the prv valve leaking pressure in the expan vessel ok--- can sum 1 tell me how much 1 would charge xcludin parts? (to an agency)
(2)----- best way to collect manuals for various boilers?
Your in put in this matter would be of great help--- (as far as the repairs 2 boiler are concern I still am learning)

Sponsored Links
Don't let the agency run up a debt to you of more than you're prepared to lose.
Manuals - you can get discs from all and sundry, but for a really good service you'll have to pay a little. Google .
£40 for a CP12 is LOW unless they're very close together. Rates vary a lot over the country though.
Get yourself into the Combustion Chamber! See HERE

Be carefull, the agent will try to get you working for wages if they can, and they will bump up to l/lords. Dont get chummy keep it purely business

Sponsored Links
Thnx -- Chris and H/Man

I will take your advice on board-----

Further advice on gaining knowledge on boilers regards to repairs---

I must admit this Forum i came across a year ago and its so infomative and gainig exp just reading on this has increase my knowledge --as well as the pro--expert like your self and many others have gain my appreciation----
and now i m hook to this forum and with great interset i read all the post--

Luckily i m not married other wise i would have been split/divorce considering the time i spend on this sorum--- :D
(sum times i m up till 4 in the morning --- must be crazy

what would be the typical charge labour alone to change prv on turbomax?

and wht does member charge to rehang the rads which has com of the wall ---- (i used to charge £60 whn i was in ilford in essex) was this reasonable?????????....

your input would be appreciated

[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back