menvier TS LEC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, just a couple of questions about adding a LEC onto a menvier TS system. the LEC is for a couple of extra zones for an extension on the house. I want to power this locally from a 12v PSU which will also house the LEC...the data connections for the network are terminals C and E, can I connect these straight to the panel and power the LEC locally? or could there be problems?
Secondly, I don't want to have to power the panel completely down to wire this in, there are 2 keypads running off the network at the moment. Could I briefly disconnect the data to these at the panel so I can wire the LEC data in? or will it crash the panel and set the bell off?
apologies for the late night post, cheers!

Sponsored Links
Disconnect the +ve from the panel and connect it to the PSU. Connect the -ve of the PSU to the panel (or to the LEC or RKP).

To put it another way, power the LEC (and the RKPs, if you like) from the power supply and link the 0V to the panel as well so that "the commons are common". This is sometimes known as a "zero volt reference". UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ALLOW THE PSU POSITIVE TO BE CONNECTED TO THE PANEL!

You should be able to disconnect and reconnect the network from the panel without it crashing, provided that you start in engineer's mode. You may need to press a button on one of the RKPs before the display reappears.

Do I connect the common -ve between the PSU and the main panel?

Yes you do - that's why it's called "common"! ;)

If you think about voltage as 'height", everything needs to be measured from one common level, like mean sea level. My daughter is higher than me at the moment because she's upstairs. To measure us properly, we have to be standing on common ground. Did I say "common" and "ground"..?

Sponsored Links
A good piece of advise/answer, explained well.

Europlex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back