Mice Destroying Pipe Insulation

S

Shutpa

Replaced the pipe insulation in the attic just about a year ago after mice chewed the original to bits. Now they have done the same to the new insulation. Have laid traps and installed ultra sonic devices to get rid of the pests but am now wondering if there is a mice proof mesh available on for example, a 50-75mm wide roll which I can wrap round the insulation on the pipes. Have googled the idea without success. Any ideas here?

Sponsored Links
You could phone up a local plumbers merchant and ask for metal pipe jackets and wrap them around your insulation, I'm not 100% sure where you would get them as we always used to have it delivered to site. Try a BSS? they are more industrial but i know they would help. All you do then is rivet it together and then its protected.

Sponsored Links
You need to focus more on your nice problem than your pipe insulation, you may put mesh on your pipes and stop them, but they may just find something else to chew threw ( like cables ) phone your local pest control company and get It sorted professionally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back