Mid position actuator...I Think...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Maybe some of you would be able to help. (I am rubbish at DIY)

I have a hot water tank. I have a gas boiler. The rads have been recently power flushed.

My control panel allows me to stitch on the rad and/or to heat the water in the tank.

We have not been using the rads lately because of the great weather, but when we hit the "hot water advance" we are finding that the rads are heating up as well - even though the control panel part that deals with rads is switched off.

Someone at work said its probably a problem with a little box which is connected to the hot water tank.

I've just had a look and there is a box called a "mid position actuator" by drayton which is connected to some sort of electrical box.

Is this the problem? Is it just a case of replacing the "mid position actuator" or is it something in the electrical box? If so - who would be the best to call, a plumber, electrician of gas fitter.

You can tell by the question I am asking that I am too much of a liability to be let near something like this with a screwdriver.

Any help guys would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Baz

Sponsored Links
yes definatley mid pos. valve ,possibly got some sediment on the flap that closes the heating port and allowing it to bypass. i am of course assuming that this has never done this in previous years when turning heating off and only runing hot water as this could be a design fault with the pipework of the system. mid pos. valve should easily be replaced by a plumber

Hi

Thanks for the speedy reply. You are right that this has never happened before in previous years.

So that's the problem you recon?

Many thanks for that

Regards

Baz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back